"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it." Albert Einstein
What problems do you have in your life right now?
What is your mind spending most of it's time trying to figure out?
Where is all of your mental energy going?
The mind is a problem solving machine! It loves problems...
Gimme gimme gimme it says! Give it a problem and it will chew over it until it is solved and then it will find another problem.
The mind will create problems out of even blissful opportunities.
The art of meditation has taught me many things about problem solving... especially the ultimate art of seeing the world through the vast eyes of clarity... where there are no problems.
On the weekend I was riding my scooter around the island of Bali. As I rounded a corner with the bike on lean... my tyre suddenly popped. BAM!
The bike started weaving and wobbling all over the road. My mind did not have time to label the situation as a problem and my instincts just kicked in and turned the bike to face the sideways direction it was moving and it quickly came to a safe stop. (I was going pretty slow at the time!)
As I sat there still and safe on the side of the road my mind finally caught up with what actually happened and it was focussed on what could have happened.
My mind instantly wanted to make the whole situation into a problem and it was looking for a problem that still existed so that it could solve it.
When seeing the situation with clear eyes it was simple. I was rounding a corner. The tyre popped. My instincts kicked in to rebalance the bike. My body was safe. There was no problem.
Even if I had've crashed the bike. There would have been an unfolding of events that required intuitive response. Life simply unfolding and happening naturally and instinct navigating it's way through each moment.
When we observe life from the core of who we are life is simply a flow of events.
However the mind loves to turn everything into a problem that needs fixing.
But what if we simply relaxed and allowed life to happen?
What if we just trusted that our instincts are wise enough to guide us each step of the way in life?
The pressure on the mind to figure everything out can then reduce.
The mind can then relax and open to what is.
It is really helpful for us to see that the nature of the conditioned mind is to seek solutions.
Once we recognise that this is it's nature then we can learn to reduce our energy and belief in the minds problem solving thoughts and tune into our instinctual guide instead.
Five steps to master problem solving
1. Next time your mind is crazy busy busy busy STOP and ask your mind what problem it is trying to solve.
2. Once you have established the perceived problem, enquire if it is really a problem or if it is simply a natural challenge arising? Often our mind labels situations as a problem when they are actually amazing opportunities dressed up in the appearance of a problem. When we learn to stop seeing challenges as problems we open up to the immense opportunity we have to awaken in each moment.
3. Acknowledge that your instinct is your most helpful guide in most situations. It is most helpful in keeping your body alive and guiding you to the people, places and situations you require for you to awaken and thrive. Check in with what your gut instincts response is to your current situation. Your instincts will always be able to guide at least the next step required.
4. Your mind can then be helpful to organise how the intuitive response can be executed.
5. Even deeper than instinct it is helpful to see your life through the pure eyes of your true nature... the essence of who you are. The silent observer of all of life knows that whatever happens in your life is OK. Even as death comes the essence of who you are is OK.
On a relative level there are situations in the moment that require your response and instinct is your most helpful guide in these.
On an ultimate level there are no problems... only life unfolding as it is meant to. When you are ready to see life in this way the above steps are automatic.
Don't just believe me. Sit down and observe the nature of your thoughts and notice for yourself. Observe your minds problem solving thoughts. Dive deeper and allow instinct to guide the way. Drop through all figuring out, intuitively responding and see your life through the ultimate eyes of clarity. Life will be no longer be a problem to be solved but an exciting adventure of discovery.
In my coaching sessions together we navigate your current challenge on all levels to facilitate clarity and awakening. Book a session today and be free of problems!
Enjoying these words? Sign up for weekly tips and my FREE Ebook!