I love the analogy that searching for god / fulfillment / our true selves is like a fish searching for the ocean.
Are you the type of fish that is tired of swimming frantically from reef to reef looking for the ocean?
Are you unconsciously following the school of fish and living your life based on societies rules rather than your own guidance?
Would you like to fully realise that you already ARE the ocean of love that you seek?
Would you like to swim playfully through the ocean, at peace and in flow with the oceans cycles instead of against the currents?
I was one of those fish, travelling all over the globe, searching high and low for the answers to all of my life questions. I was like a drifting gypsy fish on a mission to find the ocean... my home! With a backpack on my back, I crossed many oceans and visited many awakened ones, in many continents, only to realise that what I was searching for was here all along... just overlooked.
The essence of who I am is the very qualities I was searching for...
love, peace, wisdom, power.
I was the fish searching for the ocean!
The message of truth is so simple that we can overlook what is right here and now.
All the ancient sages Christ, Buddha, Mohammed, Krishna... the list goes on... they all point to the same truth. Mother nature reflects truth. Most of the leading spiritual teachers around today are pointing to the same truth.
You ARE what you seek!
But we appear to be humanly designed to overlook the truth...
the restlessness that we often feel...
the insatiable hunger for more, more, more...
you know... the persistent anxiety that something is missing...
that the grass is greener on the other side...
these sensations keep us looking outside of ourselves for peace.
So if you are ready to stop endlessly swimming in circles searching and ready surrender to the joy of the ocean of life... read on!
Steps to become an awakened fish
1. Keep searching – if you still have the energy and interest... keep looking for fulfilment in people, things and achievements as it is an important part of the journey. Until we are tired of looking outside ourselves for fulfilment we won't yet have the maturity to accept what is so simple. Truth was offered to me many many many, did I say many times before I was really ready to listen. A flower will open in the perfect timing and not a moment too soon or too late.
2. If you are tired... STOP – close your eyes, sit down, hush hush and simply breathe.
3. Accept what is – cease the struggle with how things are meant to be and surrender to how they are. This is your life. Embrace it. Deep breath in and out. Your life is exactly as it is meant to be.
4. Stop running from your pain – turn and face your pain. Welcome ALL sensations to surface on the vast expanse of the ocean of who you are. Resist nothing. The whole world is within you. All the pain in the world is just a mere drop in the ocean of the magnificence of who you are.
5. Accept guidance – the most worthwhile journey, adventure or holiday we can ever go on is the one that guides us within... to discover our way home. The Wellness Adventure is a step by step discovery of YOU. Your latest life challenge is YOUR doorway to truth! You don't have to struggle alone. Contact me to book a session. x
I'd love to hear your responding thoughts in the comments below, press 'like' if you enjoyed reading and please share the love with your tribe!