Do you feel like much of your day is spent looking at a screen?
Is it time to unplug from technology and recharge your creative fire?
I'm back from magical Bali and have just finished a 10 day technology detox that has left me feeling amaaaaaaaazing!
I run my thriving business completely from my smart phone and laptop and I am so grateful for the FREEDOM that they provide in my business...
BUT BUT BUT it is soooo important to completely unplug at least once a year.
During my final week in Bali I didn't touch my laptop, phone or camera. I didn't watch TV, read a book or listen to music.
I allowed my mind to remain 'mostly' focused on the present moment and all of my energy went to enjoying nature and my vacation with my family.
We swam, ate, laughed, walked on the beach, slept, had massages, chilled out, chatted with the locals, relaxed by the pool, ate some more and relaxed some more.
... you know... the way we used to spend holidays before the internet, laptops and smartphones became popular entertainment systems!
Our Bali pad!
I finished the Bali Biz Retreat on the Friday, I spent a few hours Saturday morning doing any final scheduling, delegating and automating all of my content delivery for the week ahead then closed my laptop and phone and packed them away... not to be touched for 10 days! Woohoo!
My business kept running while I was chilling poolside.
Having this precious time to relax with family completely rejuvenated my body, mind and soul so that I have returned to 'work' this week bursting with creative ideas and renewed motivation and enthusiasm.
I highly recommend planning a week of unplug time soon!
Here are my 5 tips to successfully unplug and rejuvenate your business mojo!
1. Timing - The success of your business unplug time can be greatly increased by choosing your timing well. Avoid unplugging during the launch of a program or during a rapid business building phase. Choose a 'cruise phase' of your business so that your mind isn't overwhelmed with everything you should be doing and it can fully let go. A cruise phase also means that your business flow will easily maintain momentum with the drop in contact hours.
2. Plan - Schedule in your detox time and block it out in your diary well in advance. Choose an inspiring location where you won't be lured into old habits and are far away from your usual day to day routine and responsibilities Organise yourself well so that you won't have to attend to ANY work.
3. Inform - Let people know that you will not be contactable, this way you are less likely to be interrupted. Set up an automated email response and phone message informing people of your return date or divert them to your assistant to manage.
4. Automate/Delegate - With adequate planning your business can keep flowing. For example you can schedule emails and blog posts to your clients using an automated email marketing platform. You can schedule automated social media posts. You can delegate tasks to an assistant to undertake. You can have automated marketing and ads running that continue to bring new leads into your business. These can be linked to automated sales funnels so you can keep earning $$'s while you chill! (These are all taught in the PPP Mastermind.)
5. Firm Boundaries - Your detox time needs to be non-negotiable. It is very easy to be seduced back into 'work mode' so you need to be strong and say "no" to any outside interruptions (except family emergencies of course) as well as any internal dialogue that tries to tell you reasons not to let go. Just like when you meditate, you need to notice the pesky thoughts and refocus on your attention back on your current relaxing activity.
I invite you to open your diary and schedule your technology detox in now!
If you are ready to create more than just a business but an awesome life the Peace Passion and Profit Mastermind kicks off again soon.
Click here to book a FREE DISCOVERY SESSION and let's get your business booming in a balanced way!
Work smart and relax fully dreamers!