When I first starting writing a blog in my business with the aim of turning my face to face business online, it was really hard to talk about myself.
I would talk about topics of interest but they lacked connection.
Over time I became more confident to share personal things about myself to create the necessary connection with my clients. My business instantly picked up and I had people booking in after reading my blog posts. It's amazing how much easier it was for new clients to share their deepest fears and their most secret dreams when they felt that they knew me.
Many of my business mentoring clients are scared of looking egotistical or narcissistic so they avoid talking about themselves... but they miss out on creating the essential connection that is required to create trust in business.
So my biggest business tip this week is to have the courage to share your story, to share your experience, to share your personal anecdotes to bring your blog posts to life. And on that note I have a list of 10 quirky things to share that you don't know about me.
1. My nickname when I was little was "Bubbles". Apparently the first word that I said was 'bubbles' after watching my sister blowing bubbles. There are still a few people in my life that still call me it! Ha!
2. I have the Southern Cross star constellation 'naturally tattooed' on my belly! Heehee! A collection of moles that are perfectly in the shape of the southern cross is just beside my belly button.
3. My favourite movie of all time is Mel Gibsons film Apocalypto. It is an interpretation of the Mayan Civilisation just before the Spanish conquistadors arrived in Central America. It triggers tears every time I watch it.... touches my soul! Watch it if you haven't yet!
4. I have eaten oats for breakfast nearly everyday for the last 10 years. Love them!
5. If I ever find it difficult to make a decision I put my hand on my heart and state the first decision option and watch if my body moves forward or backward. Forward means go for it! I do the same with the second option and watch for any difference in my bodies response.
6. I have a lucky pendant that I planted in a tree on or dream property on the day of the house inspection. It was my way of claiming the land and asking for the support of nature (trees) to ensure that we got the house of my dreams. Strange rituals surround most of my most magical and abundant manifestations.
7. I have a friend who committed suicide 15 years ago and I found his dead body. He was sitting upright, leaning back on his arms with his head back when I found him. Sometimes when I see people sitting in that same position I am reminded of that life changing day. It serves as a reminder to me of how tragedy is one of our greatest teachers.
8. If I am away from the ocean for more than a few weeks I start to feel strange. Seeing the horizon over the ocean has a hugely calming effect on my being which is why I often live in houses with a sea view.
9. I have a repertoire of 20 songs that I can play and sing along to on guitar... but I'm pretty shy singling to others. I once wrote my own song called "The Queen of Hearts" and it was a song I wrote to call in my soul mate... it worked!
10. My business name Silent Nature was born from my life changing time with an enlightened master in India who always referred to the source of who we are as our silent nature.
I'd love to hear something about you if you have the courage to share in the comments below.