Today I feel like I'm running on only half full tanks. I spent the weekend at a big music festival in Byron and am moving very slowly through my day today. Three late nights in a row, an estimated 30kms of walking through mud in gumboots, lots of dancing and overstimulated senses.
This 'lil superwoman currently feels like spaghetti woman! All floppy jaloppy! My body will currently mould into any surface like jelly. So for me the start of this week is all about recharging the system! The following are my favourite quick energisers.
- 10 tips to super charge your energy!
- Green juice – I've been getting into spiralina lately and love it in my green juice. Today I put spinach, banana, blueberries, coconut water and spiralina in the blender! Yum! Green juices are power-packed with nutrition. Green vegetables have the ability to transform sunshine into the food that all creatures consume. True to their nature, greens produce chlorophyll, which oxygenate our body and provide a boost of energy.
- Breathing Exercises – One of the quickest ways I have found to charge my body with energy is to do breathing exercises. Notice the next time you are really tired that your breathing will be quite shallow. Pump some air in and notice the effects. Breathing exercises quickly oxygenate your cells and your brain allowing the body to feel more alive. You may have learnt some pranayama in a yoga class that you could do. An example of a breathing exercise is in one of my free guided meditations here.
- Power nap! - Since moving to Byron and turning down the tempo on my daily pace I have become a huge fan of the afternoon siesta! The spanish really have it all sorted. They wake up late, have a siesta after lunch and then resume activities again later in the afternoon. My favourite siesta is in the hammock! Even just a lie down for 10 minutes can do wonders!
- Hydrate – Our nerve synapses fire much quicker when our body is hydrated so when your tired go pour yourself a glass of water! My personal favourite is drinking coconut water that has some added natural minerals and electrolytes.
- Meditate – sometimes we are tired because our mind has been working overtime trying to figure out and analyse our circumstances at work or in our life in general. Research shows that an hour sitting in meditation has a similar effect on the body and mind as 8 hours sleep. I have certainly done thousands of hours of meditation over the years and can vouch for its energising effects. Simply sit and enjoy what is! Some guided meditations can be found here.
- Cold water splash! - This one is great when you have the droopy eye thing going on! I am writing this in between clients and before my massage client that is due in half an hour I will do a face splash to wake up my face!
- Walk in nature – often when I start to feel tired I just go for a short walk out in the fresh air. The sun on my face, the wind in my hair, the fresh air in my nostrils! And BAM! Renewed energy rushes in!
- One song boogie – I love to pop on a funky tune and dance it up for three minutes or so. It gets the blood pumping and the spirits lifted to get you through the next few hours with a spring in your step.
- Early to bed – It's an obvious one but it surprises me how often people don't listen to their bodies cry for sleep. Let your body play catch up with a good night sleep.
- Life overhaul – If you find you have been tired often lately it may be time to overhaul your life and your system. When we aren't living in synch with our deepest truest selves it sucks the very life from us. The Wellness Adventure is a 4 week life detox to clear out the old physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually and get you on track, energised and awakened to life!